How to create and manage a safe psychological work environment in person and virtually is a groundbreaking course that we developed in collaboration with a multi-national company in 2021. We believe the combination of developing communication skills to empower individuals with awareness of how aggressive and intimidating behaviour affect our responses, is very powerful. And the responses and feedback we have received from organisations who have booked this has been very favourable.
There is significant evidence that individuals’ performance is negatively impacted when they feel unsafe or frightened. This could be caused by micro aggressions; a toxic work environment; bullying or even individuals being ignored or constantly interrupted. We want talent to thrive not leave! And sadly I have heard of incredible talent leaving organisations due to the negative environment.
Whilst these environments need to change, we can only change ourselves and how we respond to these situations. We can make a more informed choice about how we respond, if we understand what happens neuroscientfically. once we are consciously aware of what is happening we can start to respond differently, as well as identify when others are being affected by the situation.
Using our training and knowledge of neuroscience and expertise in spoken communication, we have created a unique and invaluable course to support talent.
• Give attendees permission to challenge existing norms
- To understand what is happening neuroscientifically – in our brains when we are verbally abused, even by microaggressions
- To acknowledge that there are microaggressions that are unacceptable; they undermine others as well as being intimidating.
• To provide tips on how to call out on biases and poor behaviour which is considered ‘the norm’
• To recognise that we don’t ALWAYS need to change : so often the focus is on what we should be doing differently rather than focusing on present situations.
- Techniques to manage interruptions
• To recognise that it is easier to challenge when we collaborate and work together.
This workshop is available face to face in a limited number of locations or virtual. We deliver highly engaging content with plenty of varied exercises to keep people’s attention and to increase the learning success. Our courses are CPD accredited and have been assessed by a highly respected independent organisation. We are able to issue CPD certificates to attendees where required. If you would like to discuss this and other courses contact usBook a chat