Every social interaction is a performance. As much as we talk about being geniune and true to ourselves, in the workplace we are required to perform. The entire Superstar Communicator™ philosophy was created to help people present the very best version of themselves in business. In other words, deliver their best performance at work.
The word ‘performance’ brings with it all sorts of negative thoughts. People get nervous, feel overwhelmed and sometimes that they’re undervalued or worry that they’re failing. Although these responses are very natural, we don’t want you to feel like that.
There are situations where we all feel nervous yet there are a number of simple skills we can adopt to give ourselves confidence. In other words we “Fake it to Make it”. Using some of the theories of Amy Cuddy: who talks about creating a powerful pose, Susan has applied some of these theories to every day communication skills within the workplace – creating this hour long session.
In the Superstar Power Presence Hour Susan works with you: one to one, in a studio with mirrors. The main focus is on your posture; how a power posture effects your charisma, your voice, presence and impact. People who’ve done the hour describe it as very empowering! At the end of the hour you will:
- Know how it feelsto have good posture
- Know how this makes you feel with positive energy
- Correct your posture before a stressful situation so you feel more confident and convey confidence to others
- If necessary, focus on vocal health and how good posture and vocal technique avoids vocal strain
- See what a difference your power posture makes when you see yourself in the mirror
- Hear how your voice becomes more powerful and confident when you adopt a more powerful posture
I work in a small studio with mirrors, so you have the opportunity to explore all aspects of your ‘presence’ including raising your voice away from an office environment. We use studios in London and St Albans, but if another location is required, please contact us or call 0800 0938 464, and we can arrange an alternative location.
This could be the start of your learning…