We are all aware of agendas for meetings, and I hope you read agendas before meetings! An agenda isn’t just a list of things to talk about in a meeting, but includes far more information. If you have been asked to create an agenda for a meeting: whether this is official or one that is set by your department or business, this is a podcast to listen to. I would also add that creating agendas for one to one meetings – face to face, on Skype or telephone, are an effective way of improving your outcomes after a meeting.
In the latest Superstar Communicator Podcast, Neil shares a wealth of knowledge and tips on how to set an agenda for a meeting. His tips include:
- Considering what you want to achieve
- Including the participants
- Apologies from those not able to attend
- Where the meeting is and when it starts
- Approximate length of the meeting
- What else to include in a written agenda
- how to timetable the topics to be discussed
This podcast is unmissable for anyone that uses agendas for meetings, so don’t forget to download it! If you would like more top tips on meeting skills, don’t forget to register for our free Meetings Skills email course here.