Henrietta Sameke was invited to deliver a presentation to global colleagues and stakeholders. This was at short notice. She wanted to introduce herself as she had recently joined the organisation, as well as inspiring others to step up and make a difference in their careers.
What we did:
Henrietta has a fantastic story of how she pushed herself outside her comfort zone. Henrietta wanted to share this as her speech to a global audience, particularly as she had recently joined the company at a senior level and wanted to make a positive impact. Stories are a great way to share information and to be memorable. As the speech was short (10 minutes) we needed to ensure that every slide and word was effectively used.
What we did:
- We considered what the purpose of the presentation was
- Who the audience was and what Henrietta wanted them to feel and do. The answer to this is that she wanted them to be inspired by her story and to be less fearful
- We structured the story so it became concise and remained on message. We wanted to avoid going off topic but to remain relevant to the topic
- We worked on the start and the end of the presentation
- Some time was spent on the images to accompany the speech. Whilst we didn’t want to detract from the speech, we wanted to use these to enhance the experience for the audience
- Tech: we were aware that familiarity with the tech was important to feel confident. Therefore we asked the organisers for a run through and clear information about the platform being used
- Practice. We ran the speech multiple times, to ensure Henrietta was totally familiar with the content; the slides and also the tech
The speech was a great success with many members of the audience contacting Henrietta to thank her. Henrietta was very pleased with the results. Not only did she feel more confident, she believed this raised her profile in the new organisation very effectively.
What the client said:
I have known Susan for a number of years and I asked her to assist me in preparing for a filmed presentation that I needed to deliver at short notice. She helped structure the delivery and content of my talk to make it more engaging for the audience. Susan also assisted with ensuring that my presentation slides gave the best impact. She did a superb job and I received very positive feedback. Susan has a very warm personality. She really goes over and above to ensure that she meets her client’s requirements. I would highly recommend her for any training, coaching, speaking and communication work.llowed me to expand my perspectives. All was done in a smooth and enjoyable atmosphere. I really benefited from it.”
SuperStar Communicator delivers a range of virtual and face to face workshops and coaching for professionals. If you would like to discuss your training requirements, please book a call.