Dottore Andrea Luca is a leading spinal surgeon based in Italy. He is creating a VR learning platform to train surgeons in this area of healthcare. He and the hospital he worked at employed Susan to give Andrea skills to be able to pitch for funding for the project; inform other medical professionals about the project and to raise the profile of the project internationally.
What we did:
Prior to the training, we had detailed meetings with the client to establish what outcomes he wanted from the programme. Our client also shared previous presentations. We noted that Dottore Luca’s English was fluent, but he would benefit from slowing down slightly to ensure everyone could understand him easily. Also the content of the presentations were very technical. Unless these were to specific medics, funders would not understand the processes and the audience could be lost. We included:
- Understanding who the audience is you are speaking to
- What information do the audience need? Particularly financial backers for the project.
- How stories and casestudies help in engaging and connecting with the audience
- Speaking more briefly and at “Headline Level” in order to really engage and keep the attention of the attendees
- Learning to speak slightly slower and in a calmer way, when speaking in English
- The use of summaries to avoid overwhelming the audience with too much information
- Preparation and practice for high profile speeches and presentations
As a result of working with SuperStar Communicator, the client confidently pitched for significant investment. He was able to raise the profile of the project on a Global Scale and influence future medical training.
What the client said:
“Susan’s training course was excellent and allowed me to expand my perspectives. All was done in a smooth and enjoyable atmosphere. I really benefited from it.”
SuperStar Communicator delivers a range of virtual and face to face workshops and coaching for professionals. If you would like to discuss your training requirements, please book a call.