Exhibiting at trade shows is hard work. But the point of these shows is to engage with customers at exhibitions.
In the latest Superstar Communicator Podcast I share top tips to ensure you make the MOST of being at an Exhibition, and how your customers and potential clients will have a good feeling about connecting with you.
In the podcast I give some examples of things that really don’t work 🙁 but also some great tips for ensuring you and your team really engage with your clients and potential customers. These include:
1. Choosing the right members of your team to work on your stand at the exhibition. They should be ‘people’ people who are willing to chat to strangers!
2. Plan a schedule and timetable so that everyone has breaks.
3. Plan what you are going to wear – comfortable shoes are a must!
4. Create a couple of messages to engage with your audience – perhaps a new product or service or case studies
5. Chat to people but don’t HARD SELL.
6. If someone in your team is disengaged (constantly looking at their phone, hiding from people etc) manage the situation they are there to speak to people
7. Get out there! Don’t expect people to come to you!
Good luck with engaging with your customers at exhibitions and do listen to the podcast.
If you like this blog and would like to receive 5 top tips to being a superstar communicator, Sign up here.