Heckling Election style is a challenge faced by most politicians. How they manage these situations is a learning opportunity for us, since there is often a heckler in meetings..
In this week’s Superstar Communicator iTunes podcast I share lots of tips for managing these situations.
My main tips are:
- Try to ignore the heckling
- Try to come up with a good retort or put down
- Don’t get wound up by interruptions
- Repeat what you are saying so it is heard
- Don’t show stress in your body language or voice
I remember heckling a very bad ‘comedian’ at a Comedy Club. The ‘comedian’ who thought the joke was saying the F word lots of times, couldn’t manage us, and the security staff threatened us to stop us heckling. Not a tip I would recommend!