We all participate in meetings. There is an art to getting the most out of meetings, for your department, yourself and also your profile. I am delighted that this month’s Superstar Communicator podcasts are focused on Meetings. The meetings expert, Neil Simon, is going to be sharing his tips for being effective in meetings during February 2015. He has created a FREE Meeting Skills email series. Sign up here. The first podcast focuses on an introduction to meetings and preparing for meetings.
The podcast is full of content, and Neil’s tips include:
- Read through the agenda and minutes from the previous meeting
- Define what the purpose of the meeting is
- What is your own agenda (departmental and personal) for the meetings
- Who is coming to the meeting?
- Who will be missing from the meeting?
- What do you want the outcome to be for you at the end of the meeting?
- Have you completed the actions from the previous meeting?
This is a great podcast and I am sure you will benefit from Neil’s tips. If you want to receive Neil’s FREE email series on Meeting Skills Sign up here.