Managing your communications in all areas of your life is crucial. If you have an email inbox of 30,000 messages when you return from holiday as an ex-colleague had recently; text messages to respond to; your posts to schedule onto Social Media platforms; clients calling you demanding your full attention and your boss wanting you to focus on a report. Phew! With the best will in the world it is hard to avoid a total meltdown. It is even more challenging if you work for yourself; have a relative you are caring for, or on holiday.
We have all been in the situation where it’s all been TOO much for us:
- The phone is ringing
- Your mobile is ringing
- You are receiving angry text messages from a client
- There are more urgent emails to respond to now
- Your boss/colleague requires your full attention
This is even more challenging if you are an entrepreneur or working from home. In the latest Superstar Communicator Podcast I share top tips to manage your potential communication overload.
- Having an automated email message
- If necessary “close the office” so that you can focus on finishing work
- Switch off your mobile phone
- Employ a call minding service or have a colleague take your calls
- Set targets for answering backlogs of emails
Here is the podcast. I am sure you have top tips too. I’d love to hear how you manage your communications. Do you work overnight to catch up, or do you delegate? Please leave your tips below.
Download all of the Superstar Communicator podcasts from iTunes and don’t forget to leave some feedback for me!