Vocal health is an occupational hazard for teachers, trainers and lecturers: overuse or using the voice incorrectly can lead to vocal strain or damage. Physical presence, including body language plays a major impact in classroom management. In this download you can learn about making an impact with your voice and physical presence if you are a teacher, trainer or lecturer.
If you follow and practise the simple techniques you will learn:
- Good posture and body language to be effective and make an impact in the classroom
- Excellent breathing to keep you relaxed and to assist in your spoken word
- Use your voice healthily to avoid vocal strain or damage
- Key tips on vocal health and how to avoid vocal damage
- Different vocal styles to assist in classroom management
- How to warm up: mentally and physically to prepare yourself at the beginning of the day
- Pacing yourself vocally in the classroom
- Communicating with different people
As a result you and your voice will be able to survive the challenge of speaking, teaching or lecturing for long periods of time, and avoid vocal strain.