Active Listening in virtual conversations is an essential skill for anyone who is having meetings or discussions remotely. The latest Superstar Communicator podcast shares a number of ways you can demonstrate you are listening to a conversation remotely: not just being present in a meeting.
In the episode I share:
- Why it is important to demonstrate you are actively listening in virtual conversations.
- The difference between passive and active listening
- Top tips on how to show you are really listening to the conversation
- How this undervalued communication skill is actually one of the most valuable skills you can demonstrate to other people
- The benefits you can get in developing business relationships, if you actively listen
- AND in this world where we are having to communicate virtually, how we can demonstrate we are listening on a screen to others.
Listen to the podcast here:
It is so easy to fall into the trap of focusing on what you are going to say, and believing that you will make a positive impact ONLY by this content. In fact any communication is two way: with the message and the audience. If you are an active listener, whether this be in real life or virtually, you can highly influence the speaker and how they perceive you. Ignore this skill at your peril!
Rate, Review, & Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
“Susan’s podcasts are unmissable.” <– If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people — just like you — to make more of an impact and raise their credibility in business conversations. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!