It is now November; the nights are dark; the temperature has dropped; It is easy to feel glum – so let’s get talking.
It gets to be more of a challenge at this time of year to keep your motivation. Perhaps you haven’t achieved all your targets professionally this year? Possibly you have recently had a review where your spoken communication skills have been highlighted, and you want to improve these skills?
- Perhaps you are frustrated because you aren’t being heard in meetings; that other people speak over you or they ignore you. You struggle to get your point across.
- You might have been given feedback that you aren’t speaking up in meetings or conference calls.
- You might have been overlooked for promotion because your personal profile isn’t visible enough.
- You could have a challenging boss or work colleague, where a different communication style could resolve the problem.
- Your annual review has highlighted that people struggle to understand your accent.
- OR that you want to do more presenting or public speaking within your organisation but struggle with your nerves.
- Possibly you have been promoted to a more senior position. You were excellent at your previous job, and now you are expected to represent your company or department to clients or to board level members. Without having this experience before, you are feeling overwhelmed by this.
I am offering a limited number of complimentary 30 minute discovery calls in November. This is an opportunity for you to discuss, in confidence, a current spoken communication challenge you are encountering. It could be one of the points above, or a unique challenge within your business. I would be delighted to offer some advice and a couple of actions to try. Book your complimentary session here.
If this isn’t of interest to you, think of sharing this article with a friend or colleague who might benefit from the discovery call. Remember there are always benefits from discussing present challenges, so let’s get talking!