We are delighted to announce that our founder, Susan Heaton-Wright is now a registered IamRemarkable facilitator. She has already delivered a co-facilitated session to employees from a global pharmaceutical company.
IamRemarkable was set up in 2015 by Anna Vainer and Anna Zapescochini who discovered that female employees at Google were very reluctant to state how remarkable they were. Initially the initiative was created to encourage women to self promote and be proud of their achievements. The programme includes access to significant research with data to support the facts that women and employees from underrepresented groups are less likely to self promote more details here
Susan is very keen to be involved in this project because:
- There are many people who are remarkable, who do not recognise their achievements
- There are many women and employees who are reluctant to self promote or tell others about their achievements. This could be due to upbringing and cultural beliefs
- People are disadvantaged for promotions and career progression if they don’t self promote.
- Avoiding celebrating your achievements could impact on your career success
- That self promoting isn’t “being boastful” if it is based on fact
More recently, the program has included specific support for people from the LBGTQIA+ community to support them and for colleagues to be allies.
Susan is keen to support incredible individuals to self promote. Guess what: two of Susan’s values are:
- Lift others up so they shine
- For Everyone to present the very best version of themselves
Susan delivers these 1 hour programs as a volunteer and she is aiming to support organisations so everyone is self promoting and proud of their achievements. If you are interested in Susan supporting your organisation why not arrange a call.
We look forward to hearing from you.